A few days ago Google Keyboard on Android is getting a new name. Gboard has all the things you love about your old Google Keyboard. The Gboard app can now be downloaded and installed directly from the Google Play Store. The keyboard has a number of features built right in such as Glide typing (by swiping your finger along the screen). Google Search is also integrated into the keyboard, although you will need to turn on the feature inside the keyboard settings.
Gboard integrated Google search function and the GIF search engine, there is also a dedicated emoji button, which can be disabled in the settings like the G search button.
To install Gboard on your Smartphone, simply search on Google Play Store, no more hopping back and forth between the Google Search app and your keyboard.
See of feature on Gboard for Android.
– G button (enabled in settings) offers quick access to search from the keyboard
– Pop-out toolbar (when G button not enabled) provides access to themes, settings, one-handed mode, and search
– Optional dedicated number row
– Up to three active languages with preference for one (previously had to switch)
– Gesture typing is now called Glide typing.
– Search for emoji
– Rearranged emoji panel with group selection at bottom
– Emoji have bright halo effect around them